In this post we will talk about mining with by two different chipset manufacturers and combining them into one mining rig.
In general, you can use NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards on the same computer or rig... But keep in mind that you need to install two different drivers for both manufacturers and this is a potential stability issue that should be considered and should be avoided if possible. Please note that some rigs can run without problems for weeks or months with this setup. But if you already have experience with mining rigs, you should be aware that some of them have different characteristics and often "rebel".
If you already have AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards and still want to use them together, we have prepared short step-by-step instructions on their installation. Follow the steps below to install AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards together.
- Download DDU here.
- Download the correct NVIDIA drivers for your device here.
- Download the correct AMD drivers for your device here.
Installing video cards:
- Once all the above files are downloaded, disconnect the rig from the internet, by disconnecting the LAN cable.
- Open DDU and uninstall AMD and NVIDIA drivers (note that you will have to uninstall one driver at a time).
- Turn off rig.
- Install AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards in the rig if not already installed.
- Turn on the rig again.
- Set or AMD or NVIDIA drivers and restart the rig.
- Set the reste drivers and restart the rig again.
- Connect the LAN cable.
If you run into problems later, try repeating the steps above, as drivers may automatically update and this may cause problems.