Virtual memory replaces the physical storage RAM (random access memory). The operating system uses hard disk space instead physical RAM.
In mining, virtual memory is required to replace physical RAM during peak workloads. For example, if your system has 8GB of RAM and you have 6 RX 580 4GB graphics cards, you will only be able to use 2 of those graphics cards. It depends on the algorithm, not all algorithms fall into this category.
In order to calculate how much virtual memory you need to install, you must add the video memory of all your video cards. For example, if your rig has 6 video cards 1080 x 8 GB, you will need 48 GB (48000 MB) virtual memory.
To increase virtual memory, follow these steps:
- Open control Panel.
- Выберите System.
- Выберите Additional system parameters.
- Click the tab Additionally and then Parameters in section High-speed performance.
- Click the tab Additionally and click on Change ... in section Virtual memory.
- Uncheck the box Automatically select paging file size for all drives.
- Выберите Specify size.
- Enter the original size и maximum size. Calculate this value based on the total video memory size of the video cards in your rig. Please note that the value is in MB, not GB (1 GB = 1000 MB).
- Press Ask и OK to save the settings.