OpenGL is a free powerful graphics engine for all users. It is an interface for creating applications that use 2D and 3D graphics. Opengl download - means to get software developers a specification with a set of APIs, and engineers - a quality tool in the development of video cards.
Key Features of OpenGL
OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) is an open graphics library, application programming interface. It supplies hardware, not software. This means that it faces the graphics card and delivers high-quality, non-CPU-bound rendering. It is available for every OS and is used for scaling 2D and 3D vector graphics.
OpenGL software is capable of rendering visual effects, but is not used for high-octane graphics. The effects are equally visible on Windows 7, 8, 10, macOS, Unix and PS3. The set of OpenGL libraries includes more than 200 functions that make it possible to create 3D scenes.
- services for optimizing models in 3D space;
- tools to erase invisible edges;
- functions of working with colors and their shades;
- a set of texturing and smoothing features.
Only worthOpenGL download and the software can function using:
- specifications for 2D and 3D graphics;
- images of models and scenes;
- actions with windows using the GLUT library;
- local and network rendering;
- services for editing, improving and viewing three-dimensional models;
- providing information on which imaging technologies are supported by the driver;
- work with 3D tests that determine the performance of the video system and check the correctness of the installed driver.
The software helps to realistically adjust light, apply smoke, fog and other effects. OpenGL is used in whole or in part in full-fledged game development in conventional graphics applications or in simpler games.
If you need to program something with 3D graphics, and you, as a developer, don’t know where to start this particular API, then Opengl download on our website the button below is a great choice to get started.