What GPUs can be modified with PBE
- You can modify almost 99% of AMD GPUs with Polaris architecture .
- It means RX460, RX470, RX480, RX550, RX560, RX570, RX580, RX590.
- With 2 GB, 4 GB or 8 GB of memory, there are some with 16 GB that are not supported
Can you modify the RX5700, RX6700, RX6800, Vega and more?
How to save BIOS from your GPU
- Download the latest version ATIWinflash and run it as administrator, you can download this link https://torrent4you.org/ati-atiflash/
- Select your card and save BIOS with (*. Rom)
Always keep the stock BIOS file! Save it so that you can go back!
How to modify BIOS using Polaris Bios Editor
- Download the latest version of Polaris Bios Editor, on this page you can always download the latest version of PBE - https://torrent4you.org/polaris-bios-editor/
- Run Polarisbioseditor.exe
- Click on the "OPEN BIOS"And find your saved BIOS with ATIFLASH.
- After you load the BIOS, you can simply press the ONE CLICK TIMING PATCH button. It will apply the appropriate timings for your video card or ask if you want this time or not. If it asks for timing or not, I suggest you click "Yes" and try mining with that. If the performance of the card is not as expected, reboot the stock BIOS and instead of clicking Yes when it asks, click No and it will apply the second timing.
- After that, you can save the modified BIOS file. Never overwrite stock BIOS files! Always keep your file as stock BIOS saved!
- That's pretty much all you need to do in Polaris Bios Editor. You can change the frequency and voltage, but you can do it in Afterburner or other programs.
How to flash a modified BIOS to your GPU
- Run the latest version ATIWinflash as administrator
- Choose your card
- Load BIOS
- Click the program button. Your computer will freeze for a few seconds, so wait patiently!
- It is recommended to wipe the drivers using DDU (with reboot), you can even wipe it twice - https://torrent4you.org/display-driver-uninstaller/
- After rebooting, install the latest AMD drivers or drivers recommended by the miner you are using. Don't install those old (2017) Blockchain drivers!
- You will probably need to apply AMD / ATI Pixel Clock Patcher, first rename the file to "atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe" to just fix the signature - https://torrent4you.org/amd-ati-pixel-clock-atikmdag-patcher/
- Switching maps to calculate workload - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-024
- Make sure you don't have OC enabled, run all stock value cards and run the miner to make sure it works well.
- After that you can start tweaking the core and memory frequencies as well as voltages